A dividend statement is a summary of a shareholder’s dividend information and includes important details such as the gross dividend, imputation credits, tax deducted and net dividend paid to the shareholder.
To view or download a dividend statement please log in to your account. Choose the company you have a shareholding in to access your Dashboard.
From your Dashboard click on ‘Dividends’ in your left side menu. Your dividends page will show a list of your dividends, with the newest dividend at the top.
To download and view a dividend statement, click on the ‘Download PDF’ button under ‘Statement’.
- NZ IRD number - The New Zealand Inland Revenue Department (IRD) number is a unique identification number assigned to individuals and organisations in New Zealand for tax purposes.
- Date declared - The date at which the dividend is calculated and is significant for shareholders because it establishes a reference point for entitlement to the dividend.
- Date paid - The date on which the company intends to distribute the dividend payment to its shareholders.
- Gross dividend - The total dividend amount before any deductions or taxes.
- Imputation credits - Imputation credits represent the portion of corporate taxes already paid by the company on the profits from which the dividends are derived. By attaching these credits to the dividends, the company effectively transfers the tax already paid on those profits to shareholders. Imputation credits are known as franking credits in Australia.
- Net dividend - This is the gross dividend minus the imputation credits.
- Less RWT deducted - The Resident Withholding Tax (RWT) is the amount deducted from the ‘Net dividend’ based on the dividend RWT tax rate (%) for the New Zealand resident minus the dividend’s imputation tax credit ratio (imputation credits as a % of total gross dividend).
- Net dividend paid to shareholder - This is the gross dividend minus the imputation credits and minus the RWT.
- Net dividend rate paid per share - The net dividend divided by the number of shares on which the dividend is paid.