A company that you have invested in may request extra information from you to pay you a dividend. This information may include:
- NZ IRD number
- Whether you are non-resident (and if so, what Non-Resident Withholding Tax (NRWT) rate you are subject to)
- Whether you are Resident Withholding Tax (RWT) exempt
- Bank account number
To enter this information login to Orchestra.
Click on the company shareholding that is paying the dividend and go to your left side menu and select 'Custom fields'.
Select the tab 'Dividend fields'.
1. Enter your IRD number.
2. Tick the box if you are a non-resident taxpayer. Enter your Non-resident withholding tax (NRWT) rate (%).
3. Tick the box if you are resident withholding tax exempt.
4. Enter your Bank Account Number if requested by the company.
Click the 'Update' button to save your information.
Your dividend fields information is stored with the company you have invested in, and can be accessed by that company's Administrators and any additional users that are connected to the company.
Different companies that you have invested in may each request dividends fields information from you.