Depending on the information being shared with the New Zealand Companies Office, there are different deadlines for how soon you must enter any changes. More information can be found at the New Zealand Companies Office website. When a share parcel is changed within your company, you have 10 days to update the New Zealand Companies Office so it is a good idea to make updates in Orchestra as soon as you can.
After updating my information on Orchestra, do I also need to update my information on the New Zealand Companies Office?
Orchestra has been built in such a way that you do not have to update information in both systems. Any changes to share allocations, shareholder addresses and directors will flow directly from Orchestra to the New Zealand Companies Office (if you have authorised this as part of onboarding).
What to enter in Orchestra
- Any changes to your share register:
Any changes to directors or directors' details:
- Add a new director
- Resign a director
- Change a director address
- File your annual return (except co-operative companies, please contact us to file)
What to enter at the New Zealand Companies Office
- Change to company name (please let the Orchestra team know and we will update your company name on Orchestra)
- Changes to company addresses (registered office address, address for service, address for communication)
- Add a Directors' Certificate for an issue of shares
- Reserve a company name
- Incorporate a company (let the Orchestra team know when this is complete and we will add your new company to Orchestra for you)
- Declare an ultimate holding company (UHC)
- Change to company constitution
- Submission of audited financial statements or group financial statements (mainly large companies)
- Company amalgamations
- Registering a financial product or managed investment scheme