1. To issue shares in your share registry on Orchestra, you will need to be logged in and have access as a company administrator to make any changes. From your dashboard, click the ‘Share register’ option from the menu on the left of the page and select ‘Transfer / share issue’.
2. On the next page, select 'Create a new share issue' from the options available.
3. Identify who the shares are being issued to by selecting the dropdown under 'New Shareholder (to)'.
- If you are issuing more shares to an existing shareholder, you can select their name from the dropdown menu.
- If you are issuing shares to a new shareholder, select the 'Create a new shareholder' button and enter the details of the new shareholder.
4. Enter the transaction particulars, including the type of shares, funding round (if applicable), the number of shares, the share price (optional), and the date of the share transaction. You also have the option to add a supporting document via the upload box.
Any transaction 'Notes' that you add are visible to company administrators only. They are not shared with shareholders.
If you need to create a new funding round or share type/class, you can do so from the respective ‘Share classes’ and ‘Funding rounds’ pages, accessible from the toolbar on the left-hand side of the screen.
5. Once you have filled in the necessary details, click 'Continue' to view a pop up summary of the share issue details.
Click the 'Confirm' button to complete your issue of shares, or click 'Cancel' to return to the share issue page and make a correction. Your share transaction can be viewed in your transaction history.
If the shareholder is already using Orchestra they will receive an automated email notifying them of their new holding.
New shareholders are sent an automated email inviting them to create an Orchestra account to view their shareholding.